The unique one-piece design of Opti-Purge consists of two outer rings and a hollow connector. The unit is easily and quickly inflated to create an impermeable seal within the pipe wall. The hollow connector dramatically reduces the amount of inert gas needed to purge the weld zone, saving both time and money. The exterior of the hollow connector consists of high heat resistant material that can be exposed to temperatures up to 1004°F (540°C).
A reflective strip on the hollow connector conveniently indicates the center of the Opti-Purge, allowing for fast and accurate alignment of the system.
The Opti-Purge is the ideal solution for welding large pipe rapidly, requiring minimal preparation for maximum results.
Multiple inlet/exhaust ports for faster, more efficient purging
BLUE – Inflation of unit
Initial function is to inflate the unit by allowing gas to flow into the internal tubing system. Then it proceeds to flood the weld zone with noble gas.
BLACK – Increase Gas Distribution Within Weld Zone
Designed to expedite purging, the secondary (BLACK) purge hose is used to flood the weld zone with inert gas and evacuate oxygen at a faster rate
WHITE – Exhaust Connection
Connect this hose to an Oxygen Monitor, such as Aquasol’s PRO OX®-100 that obtains readings down to 100 PPM (0.01%), for continuous or spot monitoring of oxygen in the weld zone
1. Using the pull loops, position Opti-Purge in the pipe so that the reflective, glow tape portion in the center of the unit is aligned with the root gap
2. Connect inert gas lines to the BLUE and BLACK hoses
BLUE gas hose is required to inflate the purge bladders
BLACK gas hose is optional to expedite the purging process
3. Turn the gas supply on to inflate the unit and purge the weld zone
Recommended Flow Rate for Purging:
150 CFH (70 LPM)
4. Once a tight seal has been achieved, commence welding while maintaining flow rate
5. After the weld is complete, turn off the gas supply to deflate the unit. Once the
heat zone has sufficiently cooled, remove Opti-Purge from the pipe. Be sure to disconnect
all gas lines and monitoring equipment.
6. Clean Opti-Purge and store in area away from hazardous and sharp objects
If you believe Opti-Purge has been overinflated and burst during operation, terminate gas flow immediately. Overinflation can be prevented by adhering to the recommended flow rate referred to in the manual. Aquasol does not warrant any overinflation system failures. For more details, review Warranty and System Operation sections of the manual.